Sewing, stitching, baking, cooking, gardening, shopping and general homemaking.

Wednesday 4 November 2009

50 Days to Christmas


Once the clocks go back I start looking forward to Christmas.  I've got everything ready for the Christmas swap I'm in, plus an extra set for myself.  I've got one more of the gift bags to finish then I can decide what my next Christmas project will be.

Join me for a cup of tea and a cake!!!  I'm still practising my cup-cake skills.  The piping is looking better and the chocolate truffle centres worked better than the Rolo centres.  I think the piping still needs refining, I can't seem to get the icing right to the edge.  I bought some blue glitter to sprinkle on them too but I don't know if I like the look of it, I just sprinkled a few with it and when I opened the cake tin I panicked, for a minute it looked like mould!!!


I enjoy reading other people's blogs and love the ones with pictures and writing.  That got me wondering why I do my blog.  Several years ago I had an online picture album but the provider did away with them, probably switched it to another option, I can't remember.  So, I think my main reason for doing a blog is to have a picture record of what I do.  We've got tons of photos hanging around our house that never get looked at.  I have a photo album of Colin from when he came home from hospital to the age of about two.  I have a little album of the dogs I've had and Graham has one of his walking adventures.  Also, I make such a lot of things that I forget what I've made so a blog is a good way for me to keep a record.  I've never been one to keep a diary either, I tried a few times but quickly gave up, somehow typing out my blog is much easier.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

a fine bit of frosting there and the truffle centre looks delicious :o)
I came across this crafting link today and thought of it (you know, if you haven't got a zillion sewing ideas already!)
http://pukingpastilles.com/?p=517&cpage=1#comment-8499

Anonymous said...

doh edit that for me... thought of you not it!

Melissa Price said...

Ann, I want one of those cupcakes! They are beautiful. I've never been one to make "pretty" baked goods. I try, I really do. My cakes are usually lopsided, but my kids don't seem to mind. :)

I think of my blog as a virtual scrapbook of sorts. I was never any good at keeping diaries, and all my old photos are in a big shoebox stuck in a closet. This seems to work better for me. My family loves to look back through the archives at the things we've done. It's such fun!

And I know I said it before, but I really love my sewing set.

:) Melissa

Peggy said...

Hi Ann, Ahhg only 50 days to Christmas??!! I have a Christening and a wedding in the meantime! I love your garden photos you have been a dark horse there, keeping them to yourself.You have lots of colour and variety too. I read a previous post a few weeks ago when you said about showing our decorating and I thought I would clear my stack of books from beside my bed first but I see you have all of yours on display. I have just finished reading the Hannibal Lecter set of Thomas Harris the last one was a bit gory for my liking so I am giving my brain a chance to recover before I read in bed again.I hope you and Graham are keeping well.