Sewing, stitching, baking, cooking, gardening, shopping and general homemaking.

Thursday 10 December 2009

A Cake


This is just about the easiest fruit cake I've ever made.  When I saw it on Peggy's blog I thought I would give it a go.  It is a cross between fruit cake and a tea loaf.  Peggy said it is like a brack, which I looked up, and is a yeasted bread with fruit in it, though there is no yeast in this.  I messed with the recipe a bit and added some sherry to the water the fruit was boiled in and used dark brown molasses sugar.  I was amazed at how much it rose and the texture was very good.


I've got to go Christmas shopping today, there are just a few more things to get.  I want to go to Dunelm Mill, I'm sure I'll be able to finish off my shopping here.  I still haven't done my Christmas cards or put my decorations up.  The decorations are all downstairs in their boxes cluttering up my dining room.  I've got the Christmas CDs out and have been playing them in the kitchen, that really gets me in the Christmas mood.

No comments: