Sewing, stitching, baking, cooking, gardening, shopping and general homemaking.

Friday, 1 January 2010

Happy New Year...........

......................I hope this year is a good year for everyone, I hope this year is a better year for me than the last few years!!!

Remember these?  Well, they are these..............


When I opened the package from Nyperosa I was a bit puzzled myself but then I had one of those moments "Of course!!!"  and it became obvious that they were the slippers that she makes.  What a clever bit of knitting!!!  I think they are a really lovely gift for knitters to make, I don't know where she got the pattern, maybe you could visit Nyperosa's blog and ask her.


Something else I got for Christmas was this basket, well actually I got two, this is the smaller one.  Once again they are from Dunelm Mill.  I knew I was getting them because I chose them myself, that's how we do it, choose what you want yourself, then it's hidden until Christmas day.  The best way to do it I think, then everyone gets exactly what they want.  Though it is nice to get a bit of a surprise present I know.  I'll use the baskets for ongoing project storage or for displaying finished projects, maybe I'll line them too.

4 comments:

Patti said...

You have had really great Christmas Presents. I just wanted to wish you a very Happy & Health New Year.
Lots of Love
Patti xxx

Peggy said...

Hi Ann,I would never have guessed they were slippers!Happy New year to you and Graham.

❦TattingChic said...

Those slippers are fabulous!

mangocheeks said...

Ahhh now I know. Really cute!