Sewing, stitching, baking, cooking, gardening, shopping and general homemaking.

Saturday 19 June 2010

Pincushions

I've spent the last couple of days making pincushions, amongst doing other things, like cooking, housework, washing etc.  I wanted something sewing related to do on Thursday afternoon when I have friends round for a crafting session.  Well my mind was blank so I asked the handstitching group I'm in for suggestions and Laurie suggested this pincushion idea

After I'd made this one I thought I would have a go making another one that was slightly different and came up with this

and then I had to make a matching scissor fob.  I really enjoyed making these and my friends did too, so it was a successful afternoon of crafting.
When I'm making anything I have to have lots of breaks for cups of tea and a bit of a search around the blogs.  Yesterday I was searching 'pincushions' and came across a pincushion I thought looked like a bit of fun to make so I had to have a go
Apart from handstitching the gap closed after I'd stuffed it, this is all made on the sewing machine so it's really quick - and a lot of fun to look at!

2 comments:

Shaheen said...

Anne,
I often like pin cushions that look like fruit or veg (for obvious reasons), but I have to admit this one has excited me. Thanks for putting the link on too. Maybe one-day, and it will be one-day, I'll have ago at making one of my own. I really do like it.

Melissa Price said...

Ann, I've been thinking about you often. I'm glad you let me know what was wrong. I'm so sorry to hear about your doggie. The death of a loved one is such a difficult thing. I'm praying for your peace and hope you feel better soon. Lots of love, Melissa