I decided that I would use the pattern Melissa sent me to do some machine applique. I haven't got the patience to sew the shapes by hand so I use the Bondaweb/Wunderunder method. Apart from being less tiring on the hands and eyes, it's a lot quicker. Here's another applique idea using this method. You will see that you can do quite elaborate shapes like this. Here's one I started (but haven't finished yet)
I don't know if I'll actually stitch this one, I might leave it just Bondawebbed, the stitching looks a bit too complicated for me! I had decided that I would be doing more applique this year. There are four appliqued wall hangings in the local church that I made, wish I'd taken pictures of them but at the time it didn't occur to me that I would want to put them on a blog.