Sewing, stitching, baking, cooking, gardening, shopping and general homemaking.

Tuesday, 7 May 2013


This is the blouse I made using New Look 6187.  I used cotton poplin for the main body and a patterned cotton for the trim...

I shortened the length by four inches, I don't like blouses that come too low over my hips.  I'm not sure that I'll ever wear it.  Firstly, I don't like the colour.  Also, I don't like cotton blouses.  And lastly, even though I made the size 14 (UK) it feels a bit tight across the shoulders.  Finally, why the hell did I make it!!!  All I can say is, it was good practise and I enjoyed the process.  I will probably make another one in a drapier fabric but I won't do this type of collar, there is a boat neck version in the pattern.
Ok, so on to the next project.  I have some polyester crepe that is more my type of blouse fabric.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you did an excellent job of sewing the blouse...time to pass it on to someone else and make the one you'll wear :)