Sewing, stitching, baking, cooking, gardening, shopping and general homemaking.

Wednesday 6 October 2010

Swaps

The internet has always fascinated me.  I even did an Open University course on the history of it.  It's through the internet that I've 'met' a lot of very interesting and inspirational people.  Often these people come and go for different reasons but isn't that the same in 'real' life anyway.  You all know how I join in with swaps and one particular hand-stitching group I'm in has them regularly.  Here are pictures of two swap packages I've received recently.
This one is an ongoing Secret Sister Swap.  Each month for five months we send a package to our Secret Sister.  They are not supposed to know who we are but being an international group it's a bit difficult to hide our identity!  Above is what my Secret Sister sent for the August package.  She sent more than she should have I think, not that I'm complaining.  The book you see is fabulous, I'm constantly referring to it for ideas.

This package is for the Christmas swap.  We had to send each other things that we could use to make Christmas items.  As usual there were lots of extras included.
It's fun to receive these packages, I wonder if the postmen everywhere wonder why certain people are now receiving regular packages from all over the world. 

1 comment:

Peggy said...

Hi Ann, it is fabulous to get surprise packages in the post (makes a change from bills)even when you know they are coming the contents are still a surprise!I hope you will show us pics of what you make from them. Your quilting in the previous post is beautifull, something to put in a bag and take with you when travelling. I have not been blogging as much of late so I am trying to catch up on my regular bloggers.