Sewing, stitching, baking, cooking, gardening, shopping and general homemaking.

Saturday 19 September 2009

A Plan


When I woke up today I felt content, some days I wake up feeling anxious, I've no idea why so I just put up with it and I'm happy that some days have a good start.  So, enough rambling!!!!  Due to the successful completion of the quilt yesterday, I decided to start another one.  The checked fabric in the picture is one of those bargains I just can't resist.  It's a bit of a weird colour and it's flannel, as soon as I brought it home I washed it and it didn't shrink much at all.  I had a good rummage through my newly organized fabric stash and came up with enough coordinating pieces and a good backing piece.  The brown fabric in the picture isn't a true depiction of the colour, it's not so reddish looking in real life.  I've got to wash the two smaller pieces, give everything a good press and decide what patchwork pattern to use, the choosing usually takes the longest.  But before all of this I want to make cupcakes, we used to call these fairy cakes but apparently we don't anymore - I wonder why?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

they'll always be fairy cakes to me. Unless they're butterfly cakes with the cute little wings stuck in with butter cream. mmm, making me hungry again and I've just eaten lunch!
Look forward to seeing how your quilt turns out...

Peggy said...

Hi Ann, the colours look lovely together,why do you wash the fabrics first?
Cupcakes,fairycakes as long as they taste good who cares which name they are called!

Anonymous said...

I admire those who quilt...and make cupcakes...so smooth sailing with both