Sewing, stitching, baking, cooking, gardening, shopping and general homemaking.

Sunday 21 April 2013

This and That

Can't stop making bags at the moment.  Here's another bag, this time with a scissor pocket...

 
I'm also in the process of making a two pocket sewing pouch.  I got the tutorial for the pouch from here . So far I've cut out the lining and the interlining, then I'll get the outside started tomorrow.
 
This morning I cut out a quilt, well almost, I've still got to cut out the applique flowers but the main part is cut out.  This is from a kit I bought in Linlithgow two or three years ago.  I've only just got around to taking it out of the packet.
 
Another thing I did last week was get my hair cut and permed.  I stopped going to the hairdresser about five years ago after several disastrous hair cuts.  I was really fed up with spending good money for second rate hair dos.  Anyway, I'd grown it and was putting it up at the back and sort of curling the top.  It was ok but - if you know what I mean.  Well, I'm very pleased with it, I recognise myself again.  My 'updo' was very ageing.
 
I've noticed that the talk on a lot of the sewing blogs is about The Great British Sewing Bee.  Before it started I thought we were in for a boring dressmaking challenge but it has turned out very interesting and inspirational.  Love all the contestants and the challenges kept my interest.  Some bloggers have complained about not keeping their favourite contestant in the show.  I really hate it when a contestant is kept in because they are 'cute' or 'sweet' or 'charming'.  The contestants should prove that they are worth keeping in for their skills in my opinion.  What's the point otherwise.  I wish Claudia Winkleman would get her fringe cut!!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Ann, I look forward to seeing your quilt...you do such beautiful work. Will the quilt have embroidery? Hope you and your husband are well and that you're having better weather!