Sewing, stitching, baking, cooking, gardening, shopping and general homemaking.

Tuesday 27 July 2010

Cheerful Flowers

Fuchsia Southgate
Verbena Pink Splash
I've got a new camera.  The Kodak camera I had is a bit outdated, has a cracked battery cover and uses up batteries so quickly I probably keep a battery factory in business.  So, I have now got a camera that is Li-ion powered.  In other words the battery is a proper rechargeable one.  I wanted another Kodak but, not being very interested in the specifics of photography, I was talked into a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FS30 (whatever that means).  I knew that I could transfer the pictures from the memory card via my printer to my old Kodak software programme.  I love my Kodak software programme, it is so simple to use.  Other camera software seems unnecessarily complicated.  After all, I only want to take photos to show on my blog and send by email to family and friends, I'm not trying to win prizes or make money from my pictures.  Anyway, I was also treated to a memory card that my printer didn't like.  I messed around with the Panasonic software and hated it.  Then I decided I'd swap my new memory card for the old memory card that I had in my old Kodak camera.  I uninstalled the new software and what happens?  My settings were all changed and I couldn't remember how to make my computer use my Kodak programme to open pictures.  By this time I was in one of those horrible, computer killing moods, I'm sure you know what I mean.  I only wanted to download a picture or two for goodness sake!*~#!
Anyway, I eventually did a system restore and all is well with the world again.

6 comments:

Gillie said...

Gorgeous pictures, Ann, well done for restoring your system, you know more than me!

Laurie said...

Oh! how frustrating can that be the number of restores I have done in the past "God Bless that button" all because I had upgraded something ...some times it pays to stay in the dark about new techno stuff..
hugs Laurie

Peggy said...

Hi Ann,good to see you back in action.I hate when techie things go wrong ,they are fixable...eventually!The Fuchsia is such a delicate colour and looks like a ballerina!
Graham is a man of many talents but I am sure living with you he could not help being 'crafty'!
I hope you had good weather for the caravan I am hoping to spend a whole weekend this week in mine!My student is leaving on Sat and I am going to head straight down, sun or not just for the peace and quiet.

Melissa Price said...

Oh, Ann... I can totally relate. I HATE learning new software. Such a pain. On a brighter note, your flower pics turned out lovely. I especially like the fuchsia. So pretty! And just so you know, I'm quite envious of Graham's needlework!!! I'm glad to see you both back in the swing of things. Lots of love, Melissa

nic @ nipitinthebud said...

you'll not regret your purchase. I have a Lumix Panasonic too and carry it everywhere with me now!

Catherine said...

Hi Ann, found your blog via Peggy at Organic Growing Pains - she was inspired by your gingham jampot covers. Well I just wanted to tell you I too have a Panasonic Lumix DMC FX30 like yours. It was my first decent digital as we had an old 2mp Olympus from 2002. Anyway I just use the standard Windows picture software which works fine. Hope you get sorted. All the best, Catherine.
PS - if you like, visit and follow my blog. I will follow yours too if I can.