Sewing, stitching, baking, cooking, gardening, shopping and general homemaking.

Friday 29 May 2009

Sewing Set

I've got a bit of a thing about making these 'sewing sets'.  The little jar is the sixth I've done so far, it's one of those individual portion jam jars, just the right size for a packet of sequins to fit in.  The sewing roll is probably the eleventh or twelfth I've made altogether and the pouch is the tenth.  I've really enjoyed making these things and it was only yesterday that I decided to coordinate them into sets.  So, this is the second set and I'm about to start another, maybe I'll make a needlecase and pincushion to go with this next one - I love sets!!!  I've made several with either cross-stitch or embroidery on them but these in the picture are so much quicker to do and I can use up some of my fat quarter fabric that I have loads of.

No comments: