Sewing, stitching, baking, cooking, gardening, shopping and general homemaking.

Tuesday 5 May 2009

Parchment Craft

I've always admired parchment craft, the cards look so delicate and pretty. Many times I've tried to get the hang of this technique and have never been satisfied with the result. This time though I think I'm getting the hang of it. It's a very slow process and I like things that are fairly quick to do. I must be getting a bit of patience because the card here is one I finished today and I love it. The big difference was buying a grid, which I've been putting off because it seemed expensive. The grid was used to make the dotted background and it really did work nicely. The pattern I used was from here. There are lots of lovely freebies about but I will be buying some patterns now that I'm better at this technique.

1 comment:

Au vieux trousseau said...

wow, you are definitely getting the hang of parchment craft. It's soooo pretty !!
AmitiƩ
Claire