Sewing, stitching, baking, cooking, gardening, shopping and general homemaking.

Tuesday 24 February 2009

Pouchette

Many times I run out of inspiration for something different to do. Before the stitching blog explosion I would search through my magazines for something different that I hadn't tried before. Nowadays I just log on and browse through my favourite stitching blogs, like this one. I'd seen these little pouches several times and wanted one. Yesterday I had finished all my swap stitching and decided to make something for myself and here is the result. It's a great little pouch for adding to swaps and as gifts for stitchy friends, I think the idea I saw on one blog of using it to send fat quarters or samples of fabric in was a lovely idea, so that's what mine will be for. I'm using calico and some of my fat quarters, this is a great way for me to cut into some of my stash.
I love the colour of this one, the green print is very pretty and the pin-tucks and lace are enough decoration I think.

1 comment:

Melissa Price said...

It is always nice to do some sewing for yourself. The pintucks and lace are just the right touch. Simple elegance!