Sewing, stitching, baking, cooking, gardening, shopping and general homemaking.

Monday 26 January 2009

Latest Cards

A few months ago I went to a craft fair at Newark Showground. I was hoping to get some sewing and stitching stuff but the majority of stalls were selling card making items - so - of course I had to treat myself! One stall was selling a punching system and doing a very interesting demonstration of how to use punches in a way that I hadn't seen before. These three cards show how to use one of these punches to make quite a novel design of card.
The punch you use is a normal corner punch with the removable guide.

I've also incorporated some dry embossing and some paper pricking. These three cards are what I've made as example cards for my craft group. I've kept them simple so that they are fairly quick to make once the punching and embossing/pricking is done. Peel-off stickers are great for a bit of quick embellishment, here I've used glitter to colour them.



4 comments:

Peggy said...

Hi Ann, visiting from another blog, not sure where as I have done so much clicking!i have enjoyed a lot of your posts on crafts, a lot of them new to me but none the less enjoyable.Have added you to my blog as I want to visit again.
best wishes

Melissa Price said...

Wonderful! There's not many things better than receiving a thoughtful card from a friend... and to think of recieving one of these handmade beauties! I'm sure their recipients will be most pleased, Ann.

Anonymous said...

And you make beautiful cards and XS, too. Very talented lady!

Plastic Card said...

I think the designing like this making is not easy, Its really hardworking.All collection of the cards is excellent but i like the third on especially.