Sewing, stitching, baking, cooking, gardening, shopping and general homemaking.

Tuesday 12 July 2022

The Last Few Years- where have they gone.

 I can't believe how long it is since I last posted.  The last two years were taken up with the virus, of course.  I didn't go anywhere in 2020, apart from in my garden.  I found it a relief to not have to go anywhere and my anxiety levels dropped considerably.  In 2021 I did go on a short beak in June to Llandudno but didn't enjoy it very much.  Before I went I bought a rollator walker with a seat.  I'd found that when I did go out at the beginning of 2021 I tended to start to feel faint if I didn't sit down frequently.  The trip to Llandudno was spoilt because of this and I only went on one of the day trips out as I was worn out being on my feet a lot. I ended up staying close to the hotel with the occasional walk on the sea front and into the town.  When I got back home I decided that I'd better see the doctor and, after some tests, it turned out I'd got asthma.  Once I was on the inhalers I started to feel much better.

This year, 2022, I'm still not going out much as I get very tired.  My veg growing has given me a lot of pleasure and gets me out into the fresh air and keeps me active.  I've also been doing quite a bit of cooking, mainly trying Japanese and Korean recipes.  Also, I've done some interesting baking using yeast and strong flour, I think I've got the hang of using yeast at last.

That's been my life since the first lockdown in 2020.  Sounds boring I know but I enjoy it.  As to my anxiety, which I've suffered from all my life, I rarely feel it, I even went to the dentist for a tooth out last week and coped really well, usually I'm a wreck.

1 comment:

Euro said...

Thanks for sharing your wisdom and expertise with us