Sewing, stitching, baking, cooking, gardening, shopping and general homemaking.

Tuesday 22 May 2012

Cauliflower

I mentioned a while ago that there were brassicas in my polytunnel and I wasn't sure if they were cabbage or cauliflower.  This is the first year of overwintering veg and it is worth it.  Today I harvested this...
And in a few days I'll be harvesting broad beans!

The peas haven't done well and the beetroot grew very tall but with not much root.

It's a beautiful day here today, blue sky, sunshine and temperature 21C.  What a change from the past few weeks, I've hardly been out in the garden at all until today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's a beautiful cauliflower Ann!

Peggy said...

Hi Ann that cauliflower is fantastic and at this time of year!No blue skies here we are still under clouds even though the rest of the country seem to have sunshine. I havent been getting much gardening done for various reasons and the ground has been too cold anyway for the most part.