Sewing, stitching, baking, cooking, gardening, shopping and general homemaking.

Friday 2 September 2011

Friday Sky


It's been warm and humid today, 22C/71F, a typical few days of English summer weather.  Cold and dull or sunny and warm, but no rain at all this week, which can be unusual in our summers.

We had two outings, one to the Teddy Bear Fair and another to Crich Tramways Museum.  Sunday I did a bit of polytunnel gardening.  Cleared out and resowed.  Broad beans, radishes, leeks, cauliflower, spring onions, lettuce and peas are now in there and soon I'll sow some beetroot.  Tuesday I can't really remember what I did!  Thursday my friends in the craft group came round for the afternoon.  And today, Friday, I made a cake and did some crochet.  Tomorrow we are going bird watching.  Hope the weather stays dry for that.

No comments: